Visually highlight a product category and encourage prompt action.
Use the Featured Category block to visually highlight a product category and encourage prompt action.
- If you don’t select a product category then you need to delete the block and try again.
- You can choose to display the Category description.
- By default the background image is that which is associated to the selected category.
- You can set an overlay colour; default black if there’s no image.
- If there is an image then you can choose the Background Opacity and attempt to position the image using the Focal point picker.
- I don’t know how you change the colour of the Category title and description.
- Nor do I know if the Size tool is supposed to work.
- You probably need a large image to get this to work sensibly.
- On some installations the Shop now button disappeared. This was due to incompatibilities with a back level of the Gutenberg plugin.
- This block produced notices the first time I used it in WooCommerce 3.9.
- It doesn’t always work in my local development environment and WooCommerce 4.2.0:
The following error was returned.
Resource does not exist
- It does appear to work on the live server.